You must have one of the following types of education/qualifications
- completed vocational training at upper secondary school level, at least three years, e.g. as a carpenter or health worker. There must be a corresponding vocational training programme in Norway.
- completed education or degree from a university/ university college, e.g. a bachelor's degree as an engineer or nurse
- special qualifications that you have obtained through long work experience, if relevant in combination with courses etc. A great deal is required in order for a permit to be granted in such cases. Your qualifications must be equivalent to someone who has completed vocational training.
The competence requirement for religious leaders/teachers and ethnic cooks is stricter. Religious leaders/teachers must, as a main rule, have a master degree or education on master level.
If you are an athlete and are to participate in top-level sports, or are to be trainer for top-level sports, there must be a statement from your club (your employer) regarding your competance and the level you are to participate on.
Requirements concerning the employment relationship
- You must have received a concrete offer of employment from one employer in Norway
- The job must normally be full-time
- The job you are offered must require qualifications as a skilled worker. You must have the qualifications the job requires.
- The pay and working conditions must not be poorer than is normal in Norway. This means:
- If you are going to work in an industry with a collective agreement, you must be paid the agreed wage rate.
- If you are going to work in an industry without a collective agreement, your pay cannot be poorer than is normal for someone in your occupation in the place you are going to work. If the position requires a master's degree, your pay must at least correspond to salary grade 47 in the pay scale for state employees, currently NOK 401,400 per year. If the position requires a bachelor's degree, your pay must at least correspond to salary grade 42 in the pay scale for state employees, currently NOK 372,500 per year. We can make exceptions if you document that lower pay is normal for your occupation in the place where you are going to work.